Renew Your Medical Card

Four Steps to Renewing as a Patient

Renew Early

You may renew your registration up to 60 days before expiration.

Verify Your Patient Certification

-If your Patient certification has expired, you must visit your Certifying Health Care Provider.

Log into Your Account

You’ll need your username, password, and the PIN you originally used to register. Login now

Update Information

Make changes to your name, address, or other vital information.


-You must renew your enrollment every year.

Your Program registration card expires each year on the same day as your Program registration. You can renew your registration up to 60 days before the expiration date.

-You must be 18 years of age or older.

If you are less than 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must approve of your medical cannabis use. You must also have certification by two Certifying Health Care Providers, one of whom must be a pediatrician or pediatric specialist.

-The written recommendation from your registered physician must still be valid.

Has your Patient certification expired? You can check the status of your certification by accessing your Medical Use of Marijuana Program Online System (Online System) account or by contacting us at (833) 869-6820.

-If your Patient certification has expired

You must visit your Certifying Health Care Provider to get re-certified prior to renewing your registration. Certifying Health Care Providers may include physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants that are registered in the Program.

-You’ll need your password and PIN.

Trying to renew your registration, but can’t remember your login information? Go to MassCIP and select “forgot username” or “forgot password” to reset it.

You’ll need the four-digit PIN you received during the initial registration process. Forgot your PIN? Contact us at (833) 869-6820 (Monday through Friday, 10am-3pm EST).

You’ll need to update any changes.

Has your name or address changed? You can update these changes in your account.

If the form of identification you originally used to register has expired, you must submit a new form of ID to confirm your residency in Massachusetts. Acceptable forms of ID include:

A current Massachusetts driver’s license.

A current Massachusetts ID card that includes a photograph of yourself.

A current U.S. passport or U.S. military ID. When submitting a passport or U.S. military ID as your valid form of identification, you must also submit a document that validates your primary residence. The name and address on the document must match the information submitted during registration. Valid documents include:

Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, cable, or heating oil) less than 60 days old

Current motor vehicle registration card

Tuition bill with a due date of less than six months old

Car insurance policy or bill that is less than 60 days old

Home mortgage, lease, or loan contracts less than six months old

Certified U.S. marriage certificate dated within the past six months

Property tax or excise tax bill for current year

First-class mail from a federal or state agency less than 60 days old

Current state-issued professional license with your address


There is no longer a fee to renew your Medical Marijuana registration card through the Cannabis Control Commission. Certifying Health Care Providers may charge Patients a fee for annual certification visits.

Registration Card

You’ll receive a new registration card in the mail within 7-10 business days of successfully renewing your status.

Remember: You must carry your registration card whenever you are in possession of marijuana for medical use. The maximum amount that medical marijuana Patients may possess at one time is a 60-day supply, or up to 10 ounces.

If your name, address, or contact details change, or if your government-issued ID has a new expiration date, please update your account within five days of the change.

If your card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, please notify us within five business days by calling (833) 869-6820. The fee is $10 to replace a registration card. If the fee poses a Verified Financial Hardship, the Qualifying Patient may request a waiver of the fee in a form and manner determined by the Commission.


Need to add or change Caregiver information? You can update these details in your account during the renewal process.

You may designate up to two personal Caregivers. A Caregiver must not be currently designated by another Patient in the Program, unless the Caregiver is your immediate family member.

Personal Caregivers must register annually with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program.

Learn more about Personal Caregivers.

Hardship Cultivation Registration

Certain Patients may be granted a Hardship Cultivation Registration, which allows them to cultivate their own personal supply of marijuana, if they demonstrate financial hardship, lack access to reliable transportation, or live a significant distance from a Medical Marijuana Treatment Center (MTC).

To learn more about a Hardship Cultivation Registration, contact the Commission at [email protected] or call 833-869-6820.

Medical Information Release

To authorize a release of your medical information, download and complete the Authorization for Release of Information Form.

Welcome to
Bountiful Farms

You must be 21 years of age or older to enter